- Office 2007 Presentation, 22, June 2006
Talk on Office 2007 Client
- Office 2007 Server (Sharepoint) Presentation, 22, June 2006
Talk on Microsoft Office Sharepoint Server (MOSS) 2007
- Computing Coordinating Committee, 6 July, 2005
Talk on 'SLAC Desktop Support'
Talk on 'Computing Helpdesk, Hardware/Software Procurement and
- HEPiX May 2004, Edinburgh
Talk 'Citrix and
Remote Access at SLAC'
Security Threats and Vulnerabilities'
- Windows Remote Access Town Hall Meeting, 22 April 2004
Talk 'SLAC VPN Topology'
Talk 'SLAC Windows Remote Access'
Talk 'Central Windows File Server Issues'
- HEPNT May, 2003,
Talk 'SLAC Windows Update'
- Windows Migration User Advisory Committee, 7 May 2003
'Moving Users to Windows XP'
'SLAC Windows 2000 Active Directory and Windows XP Migration'
- Windows Migration Town Hall Meeting, 27 November 2002
Video 'Windows Software Delivery'
- HEPNT October
Talk 'SLAC Windows Migration'
- Windows Migration Review, 6 September 2002 -
' Project Objectives'
Talk 'Current Environment'
Talk - 'Plans for Active Directory'
- Plans for 'Exchange 2000 Project'
- Plans for Moving Users to Windows XP'
Review Committee Report (pdf)
- Windows Migration Town Hall Meeting, 5 August 2002
'XP Migration Issues'
'Windows NT 4 to Windows 2000/XP Migration at SLAC'
- Stanford University
Desktop Computing Strategy, 26 July 2002
- Future Windows Storage Meeting, 30 May 2002
'Windows Storage Issues'*
'SLAC Windows Storage'*
- NT Admin Meeting, 24 May 2002
Talk 'Windows Migration Update'
Talk 'Active Directory Migration'
- HEPNT April
'Windows NT to 2000/XP Migration at SLAC'
- SLAC Security Review, 12-13 February 2002
'Security: Desktops and Windows Infrastructure'*
SLAC Windows Server Review,
5-6 November 2001
Purpose, Committee Members
'Overview of SLAC Windows Services' (PDF)*
'The Choice of the Dell SAN, Issues with Dell SAN-based Services'
'MS Exchange at SLAC' (PDF)*
' Issues with Exchange' (PDF)*
' Windows Meltdown' (PDF)*
'Exchange Direction' (PDF)*
'Towards Future Plans for Windows File Servers' (PDF)*
'Future of Windows Services at SLAC' (PDF)*
Review Committee 'Report' (PDF)*
- HEPNT October 2001, LBNL
Talk 'NT4 and Windows 2000 Permissions Incompatibilities;
Microsoft Premier Support Needed?'
October 2000, Jefferson Lab
Talk 'SLAC Windows Update'
- SLAC Computing Coordinating Committee, August 1999
'Outline of Issues Related to Windows 2000 Support'
'Discussion on Department Hardware and Training Budget'
1999, October 1999 SLAC
'Windows Terminal Server & Citrix Metaframe
to Windows 2000 in Large Research
USENIX 1999, Seattle
'NT Security in an Open Academic Environment'*
paper at conference)
- USENIX 1997, Seattle
Talk 'Implementing Large NT Networks in a Heterogeneous
Computing Environment at SLAC'
SLAC NT account authentication