Citrix MetaFrame XP Farm @ SLAC
Citrix ICA Client Configuration for Linux
- At the command shell run /afs/slac.stanford.edu/package/citrix/common/bin/wfcmgr. If you do not have access to SLAC AFS
space, you must download the following four files: (be sure to read readme.txt):
Linux client files: linuxx86.7.17.tgz | readme.txt | thawte-server-ca.crt | ThawteRoot.crt
- Under Tools Menu, click on Settings, Preferences, Server Location. Under Network Protocol, choose "SSL/TLS + HTTPS server location". Server Group: Primary. In the Address List add slacwtsima01.slac.stanford.edu:8080. Go back to Server Group, select Backup 1 and in the Address List add slacwtsima02.slac.stanford.edu:8080 and click on Apply.
- Select Window (Settings, Preferences, Windows). Choose your prefer Windows Size. We recommend a Fixed Size or Percentage of Screen Size. Click on OK (to go back to the Citrix ICA Client default dialog box).
- From the top menu, select Connections, Properties, Network, choose Published Application, then click "..." to select Windows Desktop from the popup list. Type Windows Desktop in the Description Box. Alternatively, a single published application can also be selected from the popup list (i.e. Microsoft Office Outlook 2003). Note: "Windows Desktop" is a generic name for connecting to a Windows desktop ran by any server within the Farm. Individual Desktop with server name specified are restricted to the WTS Admins only and shall not be used.
- Click on Network again for a pull down menu to choose Connection, set Encryption Level to RC5 (128 bit), then Ok.
- Double click on the entry to connect to the Citrix MetaFrame XP Farm.