Citrix MetaFrame XP Farm @ SLAC
Citrix ICA Client Configuration for Macintosh
- Download the Citrix MetaFrame Presentation Server Macintosh client from the Citrix web site.
- Install the client on your system.
- Double click the Citrix ICA Client Editor icon in the folder where it was installed.
- Select DEFAULT SETTINGS.
- In the window named Citrix ICA Client Editor Default Settings click on the "Server Location" tab.
- "Network Protocol" must be "TCP/IP+HTTP".
- "Encryption Level" must be "128-bit". (Do not select "128 bit for Login Only").
- Under Server Group - Primary - To the right of "Address List" click on Add... type slacwtsima01.slac.stanford.edu - Port: 8080 click OK
- Click arrow down to switch from Primary to Backup1, type slacwtsima02.slac.stanford.edu - Port: 8080 click OK.
- Select Connection Properties click Windows and Sounds tab to set Window Size.
- Click "Save".
- You will drop back to the "Citrix ICA Client Editor - untitled"
- Place a mark in the item labeled "Published Application" .
- Click the "Browse" button next to "Connect To" and select
- Enter Username, Password and Domain in the Login Information field.
- Select Save. Choose a new connection named preferably "SLAC Citrix Farm", it will create an icon with that name on the desktop when you select Save.
- Click Connect to logon to the SLAC Citrix XP farm.
- Once you have logged into SLAC you will see a message "A program requires Read access to the 'C' drive which maps to the folder: Macintosh HD:Users:Username:' Click: Allow
- You can click on the icon that was created on the desktop and start your MetaFrame session the next time you connect to SLAC...