Information for Nominating Panofsky Fellows in 2012
- The Fellowship is by nomination only.
- Who may submit a nomination
- Any member of the Faculty or Senior Staff of any institution carrying out research related to SLAC’s program in experimental and theoretical particle physics, astrophysics, and accelerator and beam physics.
- Criteria for award of the Fellowship
- Nominees for the Panofsky Fellowship should be early in their postdoctoral careers yet widely recognized as having exhibited the potential for exceptional scholarship, breadth, innovation and leadership within their discipline. The nominee's research plan should encompass one or more areas within the general scope of the Particle Physics and Astrophysics science program at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory.
- Documentation required to nominate a candidate:
- a nomination letter in support of the candidate,
- candidate's curriculum vitae,
- list of publications to which the candidate made a very significant contribution
- candidate's research plan, and
- names of at least three additional referees from whom you have solicited letters (to be emailed or sent directly to the address below).
- Where should material be sent
- The nomination letter, three reference letters and other supporting
documentation should be sent electronically to:
or mailed to:
- Debbie Tryforos
PPA Faculty Affairs Office, MS 60
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
2575 Sand Hill Road
- Menlo Park, CA 94025 USA
- Debbie Tryforos
- Deadline for Nomination
- The letter of nomination, three reference letters and all other supporting materials must be received by the Chair of the Fellowship Committee by February 10, 2012 for consideration.
- For further information or questions, please contact:
- The PPA Faculty Affairs Office
Email: email@example.com or
- Professor Su Dong
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Return to top --